A full guide on LinkedIn Ads vs Google Ads.If you are a business professional But confused about many advertising options? This blog will save you.
At the End of this blog, you can get a clear idea about Google ads and Linked ads. And you will get to know which one is best for you.
Google ads is an online advertising platform. It is for actively searching users. You can advertise for the targeted audience, which helps you to generate more leads. It uses a pay-per-click model, which means google ads only charge if the user clicks the ad. It will be cost-effective for the business. The advertising is data-driven, Google ads provide detailed analytics, which can help them optimize their ads and enhance their profitability. Companies can track metrics such as click-through rates, conversion rates, and cost-per-click, letting them adjust their advertising strategy to reach better results.
If you have a product or service-based business, For which people actively search on Google. Google ads are a perfect solution for you. I will give you some examples for your better understanding,
- E-commerce: If you have an e-commerce website, you can use Google ads to sell your products. The product will appear in Google if someone searches for it. It will increase the traffic to the website and promote better sales.
- Local Business: Google ads can target audiences by their geographical location. If you run a local business. If your motive is to attract nearby customers, use Google ads.
- service-based business: If you provide any kind of services like Dermatologists, lawyers, or any kind of service, you can promote your business with Google ads.
These are a few examples, if you provide any kind of product or service which people search for, you can go for Google ads.
Here are some case studies On Google ads
Saraf furniture: It was founded in 1980 By Sardarshahar In Rajasthan. They use Google ads to boost their brand awareness, increase leads and drive more traffic to their website. They use display ads and shopping campaigns. And blogs to showcase their furniture quality. After Google Ads, they got 3,500 leads per month in 2019. their Revenue increased 2.5X.
|10x more lead generation||1500 carpenters were hired||4.5 cr to 10 cr|
Sitara Foods: It is Founded in 2018, a Homemade pickle business started by two sisters, Aparna and Shravya. In Hyderabad, Telangana. They use Google ads to increase their Brand awareness. They Launched display Ads for International audiences. Leveraged YouTube creators to drive brand awareness. Now they have customers from 160+ countries and 90% of international orders are via Google Ads.
|900 orders per month||4 to 50 employees in 18 months||3x more orders during Covid-19 lockdown|
Juicy Chemistry: It is a certified organic cosmetic company founded by Pritesh and Megha Asha in 2015 at Coimbatore. They deliver chemical-free skincare products. They launched search Ads and display Ads to increase brand awareness. They worked with Youtube influencers, Applied SEO best practices to blog content. They go from 100 orders to 8000 orders per Month after Google Ads.
|8,000 orders per month||From pan India to International shipping||150% increase in monthly orders|
How to run Google ads?
Sign in to your Google Ads account(ads.google.com) or create a new account if you don’t have one. click get started. and click the new campaign. The below screen will appear, don’t click the Main advertising goal. Instead, click the switch to expert mode.
Pick your campaign type
There are various types of campaigns available in Google ads, You can pick one for your requirements.
- Search (the campaign type we’ll be using for this guide)
- Performance Max
Step 3: Do General campaign setting
Set your campaign name, you can set your business name. Make sure it is catchy and easy to read. In networks, you have options to show your ads on the Google Partners network.
Step 4: Set your ad schedule
Set proper timing for your ads. Make sure you set the appropriate timeZone for your Target Audience.
Step 5: Specify location and language
Specify your preferred location and language. The Ad will show in the region you prefer.
Step 6: Calculate your daily budget:
Set your daily budget for the ad, Your ad will perform based on your budget
Step 7: Pick your bid strategy:
There are two categories of bidding strategies:
Manual bidding: If you’re using manual bidding, you’ll tell Google your maximum CPC bid for each keyword. This is the highest amount you’re ready to pay for a click on that keyword’s ad.
Automated bidding: With an automated bidding system, you’ll let Google choose your max CPC bids for a bit. Just Check the data to get an idea of how much clicks will cost.
Step 8: Step up your keywords:
Google will show default keywords that rank better you can choose from that. or you can do basic keyword research and use those keywords;
Step 9: Create your ad
Responsive search ads will be the only standard search ad you can make, so your ad creation window will look something like this
Step 10: Add on your ad extensions:
You can add additional lines of information. To improve your click-through rates.
Step 11: Device targeting and extras
On Manual bidding, you can adjust how much you want to pay for clicks on certain devices.
Step 12: Optimize your landing page
After clicking the Ad the User will land on your Landing page so keep your landing page optimized and concentrate on Click-through Action.
Step 13: Set your ad live
Complete the payment setting. It will take a certain time to review your ad on Google, automatically It will Be in Live.
Advantages of Google ads
- Cost-effective: Google only charges for pay-per-click. So businesses have to pay only for the ads to get clicks. It is cost-effective when compared to any other advertising methods.
- Large- audience: Google is the biggest search engine in the world. So it is easy to reach a large audience with google ads. More reach-More leads.
- Intent-based targeting: Google ads perform based on search queries. So it is easy to reach the target audience.
- High-return on investment: google ads reach those who search for that product or service. it is easy to convert that user into a customer. So Google marketing campaigns are highly profitable.
LinkedIn is a professional social media, widely used for finding jobs and much more. It is used by 700 million professionals. LinkedIn offers LinkedIn ads for advertising. Linked In ads perform based on job Title, Industry, location, and other demographic behavior. LinkedIn provides various types of ads they are:
- Sponsored content: it will appear as a sponsored post in the user feed. It contains text, images, and videos. And it is used to promote a blog post, ebook, or other types of content.
- Sponsored Inmail: In this method sponsored message is sent to the user’s inbox directly. It is used to promote webinars and events.
- Text Ads: It is usually shown on the right-hand side of the user profile. It contains a small image and text characters of up to 100 words. the texts are used to promote the content and drive traffic to the website.
- Dynamic ads are more personalized ads, created with user profile information.
LinkedIn is best for B2B businesses, recruiters, and businesses offering professional services. Compared to Google Ads it is a bit costly for advertising on Linked In.
Benefits of LinkedIn ads
- LinkedIn is for professionals, so it is easy for b2b businesses looking for business professionals.
- On LinkedIn, it is easy to reach the target audience on their job title, company size, industry, and more. It is way easier to reach the target audience.
- LinkedIn is filled with professionals. So the lead generation is high quality when compared to other platforms.
- It provides a variety of ad formats, like sponsored content, sponsored InMail, and display ads. It is easy for businesses to achieve their marketing goal.
Case studies on LinkedIn Ads:
Adobe: Adobe Experience Cloud presents a collection of analytics, marketing, content management, commerce, and advertising solutions for B2B and B2C companies of every size. But they faced inefficiency in marketing due to matrixed organizations with multiple marketing and sales teams. So they go for LinkedIn Ads. LinkedIn, they have robust member data and advertising tools. Which helps them to attain their marketing needs. On LinkedIn, It is easy to target top decision-makers and influencers. That results in 42% of Closed-won deals, Which means Where the prospect has signed a contract and officially become a customer.
Audi: Audi released a new variant car called E-Tron, Which is 100% electric, Stylish, and innovative. They did awareness for the E-tron and carbon-neutral driving. They have a challenge in finding the Target audience of premium auto buyers with an interest in innovation and e-mobility. LinkedIn marketing made it easy for them to target the right ones. As a result, they got a 4% Engagement rate,2.31% click-through rate, and the strongest conversion rate compared to all the platforms.
Dell: Dell introduces a new product Star Monitors. Combining striking visuals and video with clear, data-driven messaging has driven high-value engagement around monitors and client peripherals and outperformed all of the brand’s targets. to Engage IT and business decision-makers around Dell’s product line and Build wider awareness and engagement across influential end-users LinkedIn is the best place. by doing Sponsored Content and short Video Ads in the LinkedIn feed and a Highly visual approach as a driver, highlighting the product line, they achieve high views and high-value engagement. A click-through rate (CTR) of 0.52% is almost double industry benchmarks.
Let’s Compare Google ads Vs LinkedIn ads
- You can choose one of these platforms according to your need of Target audience. LinkedIn is focused on recruiters, Business offerings, and professional services. On the other hand, Google ads focused on active search users.
- Google ads work based on search queries, It is helpful for selling products or services. LinkedIn is useful for building b2b business.
- Google ads are affordable when compared to LinkedIn ads. But the quality lead generation of LinkedIn will be high.
- Google ads offer text ads, display ads, and video ads. On the other hand, LinkedIn offers sponsored content, sponsored InMail, and display ads.
Both Google ads and LinkedIn ads have their advantages and disadvantages. Choosing a good platform for your business is a very important step. If you have a product or service-based business go for google ads. If you have a B2B business or you want to target professionals, LinkedIn is best for you. Google ads are affordable and you can get a high return on investment. LinkedIn ads are costly but the quality of lead generation is high. Having a good understanding of your business will help you find a good advertising choice.
All the best!
Frequently asked questions
What is the difference between Google Ads and LinkedIn Ads?
Google Ads are suitable for actively searching users, You can target the audience by demographics, Interests, and Keywords. LinkedIn ads are suitable for b2b businesses and target professionals by their job title, position, and company.
Why LinkedIn Ads are more expensive than Google Ads?
The quality of lead generation is high in LinkedIn Ads. Due to the premium nature of the Linked platform, It is pricier.
Which platform is best for job listing?
LinkedIn Ads are specifically designed for job advertising and offer more targeting choices for job titles, industries, and seniority levels.
How much time it will take to see the results of an Ad campaign?
It may vary on several factors. Generally, it takes 2-4 weeks to see the results.
Do I need professional help to run Ad campaigns?
If you are new to advertising on these platforms or have limited experience, it is suggested to seek professional help from a digital marketing agency or consultant. They can provide expert advice on campaign strategy, ad creation, targeting options, and optimization techniques, and help you maximize your ROI and reach your campaign objectives.