As an ecommerce owner, you must know how important it is to build a user-friendly website and make the customer hooked to it.
However, the most important thing that you might need to take care of is the PLP. In this article, we look at Product List Page Ecommerce which will be a great addon to your website.
What is meant by PLP Ecommerce?
The meaning of PLP is Product List Page. It shows various product names in a list under categories. This helps the user find the product easily and also look at other products list that they need to look at or buy.
What are the benefits of using PLP Ecommerce?
The benefits of using a product list page for your ecommerce store will enhance the products that you are selling on your platform. With the Product List Page, you can easily organize your product list. And it also helps the customer to quickly scan and see the products that are available in the platform in a go.
How to organise the PLP Ecommerce for getting organic traffic?
- In order to make the products that you are selling to rank the top and gain more traffic you have to take care to give the keywords exactly like the users.
- And use the most high-ranked keywords in your product list. This will help your products to rank higher and gain more traffic.
- You can provide product inventory information, shipping estimates, and delivery details all these will help your Product List Page ecommerce to get more organic traffic.
- Also, you can specify the colour, size, material, and type of product. This will give details of the product but in a search intent-based manner.
- Don’t forget to include the price, brand, discounts, and sale opportunities for the products that you are listing.
- And don’t forget to limit the number of form options to improve engagement rates. This will surely help to get organic traffic for your ecommerce business site.
- The most important thing is to create a catchy title tag based on keyword research. Telling things in a catchy way is more cool than an elaborative one.
- It is also important to write a compelling meta-description that reflects the intent and keyword research.
- And another thing to be noted is to organize a secondary keyword hierarchy for H1, H2, H3, and H4 tags.
- Next use technical markups such as schema.org.
- And also incorporate internal and external links to relevant resources. This adds value to the content and simultaneously helps to get more traffic.
- Check and ensure that keyword targets in the title, description, and H1/H2/H3/H4 tags are correct. Because even a small spelling error might lose your SEO score.
- It is vital that you review the quality and effectiveness of the meta-description copywriting.
- Also, check the title tag and H1 copywriting for quality. Because quality always wins over quantity.
- As said links are important it is also vital that you verify the external links and internal linking opportunities.
- Look out and evaluate the design, user experience, and image content because even these play a very crucial role.
- At last ensure that the content is of high quality, expertise, and helpfulness. You must write for the audience and the writing must be helpful to the readers and customers. Keep that in mind and write.
What are the three features of PLP Ecommerce?
1. Creating an extraordinary user experience while shopping online.
2. Promote your products through the Product List Page.
3. Reduce the time to purchase a product. As sometimes you will be lost where to find a product. But with the Product List Page you don’t need to worry about that.
These are the three features of PLP Ecommerce that will enable your shopping experience for your customers. But you may wonder what Product Detail Page means. So let us look at that next.
What is PDP?
The meaning of PDP is a Product Detail Page that displays the details of a particular product. It describes its features, size, price, colour, height, weight and other details.
Importance of Product Detail Page
In digital marketing, a product detail page plays a crucial note. The page must be in such a condition that it must attract users and make them buy the product. So it is important that you provide enough information of details of a product. Now that you have known about PDP let us look at the components of the Product List Page.
Difference between PLP and PDP
It stands for “Product Listing Page” and is the page that displays a list of products based on a user’s search query or browsing criteria. The main purpose of a Product List Page is to give users an overview of the products available that match their search or browsing criteria. Typically, a product list page will display product images, names, prices, and some basic product details. From a product list page, users can typically click on a product image or name to go to its PDP.
This on the other hand, stands for “Product Detail Page” and is the page that displays all the information about a specific product. The main purpose of a PDP is to provide users with all the information they need to make a purchase decision. Typically, a PDP will display detailed product information, including images, descriptions, specifications, pricing, reviews, and more. From a PDP, users can typically add the product to their cart and initiate the checkout process.
How the design of PLP should be?
For any given ecommerce page the product listing page should be customized, personalized, and optimized. And the page should have the following things.
The category displays all the names and highlights the products that are available on the shopping platform.
Breadcrumbs showcases all the subcategories that belong to the main category. It will be very useful for deep browsing.
3. PLP page name
The name of the product list page name appears on each section and you can easily note which section each is, just by looking at the product list page name.
4. Sort menu
With the sort menu, you can easily navigate through your products. There is a feature option to customise as per your needs like price “Low to High” or ” High to Low” and much more.
Users can look at many pages of products if there are lots of items that match what they’re looking for. They can choose to see 10, 50, or more items per page.
6. Browse by
If a page has subcategories, users can use this menu to see more specific categories.
7. Filter menu
This menu lets users choose different options to help them find exactly what they want, like price, colour, style, availability, and brand.
8. Product details
Below each product on a page, you can see its name, price, and available colours. Sometimes you can also see customer ratings and promotions.
This is all about PLP Ecommerce, where you have gained knowledge about the product listing page and also about PDP which is the product detail page. With these in your eCommerce store, your customers will be benefitted to navigate enough in your website page and get the product that they need without any distractions.
If you find this article interesting like it and share it with your friends who might find this article helpful. And don’t forget to subscribe and follow Ecomnews for getting more details on ecommerce.
What is the full form of PLP?
The full form of PLP is the product listing page. It helps the user find the product easily and also look at other products list that they need to look at or buy.
What is the full form of PDP?
The full form of PDP is the product details page. PDP helps the user to get more details about products that the customer will use before buying a product.
What is the difference between PLP and PDP?
The main difference between a PLP and a PDP is that a PLP displays a list of products, while a PDP displays all the details about a specific product.