What is BigCommerce?
Bigcommerce is an American-based ecommerce founded in 2009 by Eddie Machaalani and Mitchell Harper. It is obtaining profit through the charges applied to the hosting names, services, and products for the templates with the included features. And also it helps the users to gain profit through this.
Bigcommerce is a SaaS-based E-commerce platform listed on the NASDAQ. It provides the services like the digital creation of a store, Search Engine Operation, Social media marketing, and complete security for small to well-established companies and even startups.
This company holds 60,000+ customers in total with 1 million users who use this platform to start a business in ecommerce.
How Does BigCommerce work?
After the clarification of what BigCommerce is, then the next question that arises is How it works, right?
The below points are the answers to your question,
- Firstly you have to register for an account and then you should create the Domain name to activate the plan.
- This works completely on the Cloud, so there will be no necessary need for downloading anything to work on it.
- through these steps, you will be given access to use the newly created website to upload and manage the product details and delivery.
- The very next step is to upload the product data to the backend, and then the taxes and delivery details customization part will be taken care of.
- The final step is about the payment process, the secured payment process will be enabled with all the required information and it allows you to be in touch with the customers for future orders.
Why should you choose BigCommerce:-
The strong reasons to choose BigCommerce are the following,
- One can start with zero coding knowledge, one can start their business with completely zero knowledge in code handling,
- It has both online and offline stores, without being an extra payer for the additional features, you can use the mixed inventory.
- No limits on the No. of products, it provides multiple product options with no certain limits in the numbers with numerous variations.
A step-by-step procedure for opening a store:-
- Signup for an account, click on
|BigCommerce website > click on the Start your free trial> Fill in the details > create a strong password > dashboard appears > Store Set Up > Store Profile|
- Setting product categories, click on
|Products(control panel) > product categories > create a category > fill in fields (category name, category page URL, and a description)|
- Add products, click on
|Products (on the left drop-down) > add > fill in 5 details (product information, product options, storefront details, fulfillment, and SEO) > add customized details > save.|
- Back office settings, click on
|Configuring currency:- click on the main menu > store setup > currency > edit and save > add new currency > fill in details.|
|Configuring payment:- on the main menu > store setup > payments > select the options > save.|
- For Shipping rates and Methods, click on
|Store setup > shipping > shipping login > fill in details > setup services > select one or skip for later > click on configure > customize (shipping parameters, quotations) > save.|
- Store design, click on
|Select the theme > storefront on BigCommerce website > select from the inbuilt one (or) > select my themes > customize > add logo > add carousel images > save.|
- For store information customization, click on
|Go to store setup > webpages > default shipping & returns option > add pages > save.|
- Store navigation settings, click on
|My themes > edit the default settings > save.|
- Preview, click on
|Go through each tab > check preference > do a test run.|
- Launch, your business, do your promotions, and marketing, and sell your products.
When coming to the features, it defines the quality of the platform and ensures the users with its stunning and unique features. Here we go with the lists it has,
- Support:- With its help center feature, It supports mobile, email, and even live chats.
- Promotions:- It gives you a 15 days trial without the credit card requirement.
- Strengths and weakness:- It has POS integration with a super-fast loading feature with top-notch technical support. The few flaws are slightly expensive plans and outdated templates.
Plans and pricing in BigCommerce
|1||BigCommerce Standard||$29.95 (per month)|
|2||BigCommerce Plus||$79.95 (per month)|
|3||BigCommerce Pro||$299.95 (per month)|
|4||BigCommerce Enterprise||Customized according to the business requirements.|
Shipping plans in BigCommerce:-
It also has shipping plans, which help in the customized shipping options, and these are the plans with its features:-
- Free Shipping (free for improved checkout )
- Flat Rate (each order each cost )
- Weight-based (calculated by order value or by weight)
- Instore Pickup(collects orders from your physical stores)
Detailed comparison of the BigCommerce plans:-
|1. Can sell an unlimited number of products.||1. It includes all the BigCommerce Standard plans functionalities with its loyalty program.||1. It has the same functionality as BigCommerce Plus(not many extra features)||1. Unlimited API Calls (Application Programming Calls )|
|2. Unlimited (bandwidth + file storage + Staff accounts)||2. Feature to save the credit card details in a secure way.||2. It includes googling customer reviews option for the customers to give feedback after the purchase.||2. High-priority support with BigCommerce consulting.|
|3. Point Of Sale (POS) + Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) functionalities available.||3. Cart recovery tool is not included.||3. The other main feature is advanced product filtering.||3. It provides multiple store creations in this plan.|
|4. Professional reporting and delivery quotation.||4. Repeated cart saving options in all devices.||4. The next major feature that is included in this plan is SSL(security technology) through a third party.||4. This customized business plan is still cheaper than the Shopify enterprise plan.|
|5. Annual sales limit standard is $50,000.|
5. The annual sales limit standard is $180,000.
|5. Annual sales limit standard is $400,000.||5. Annual sales limit standard is $400,000.|
Dropshipping in BigCommerce:-
- In BigCommerce, dropshipping is available for which you have to install the application from the BigCommerce App Market.
- There are still a few options to use BigCommerce by installing certain applications like Ali-Express Drop shipping, Printful, and inventory source.
Recent improvements in BigCommerce:-
- Centralized Multi-Storefront Management:- The new featuring improvement that has been made in BigCommerce is the “Centralized Multi-Storefront Management”, this helps with the centralized dashboard options, and checks on the sales activity with the single data storage option.
- Sales in multiple languages:- This enables the feature, which is an utmost required quality in all the platforms, that is the option to sell in the multi-languages, the BigCommerce has been in Integration with Weglot which is Bigcommerce+Weglot, the translation app for language-choosing purposes.
In this blog, we have seen every corner of the inside information which helps beginners and well-established business persons. Every platform is similar with slight changes to make them unique in their way, so it should never make you confused, take time to make reference to all the platforms to make your expected decision. To go further with the in-depth research and the comparisons, I have also made the complete comparison of Bigcommerce vs Woocommerce in detail, you can also refer to this for a much better understanding.
In the end, we have also included other platforms’ detailed research, before you choose your business platform you can also go and give it a glance.
Frequently Asked Question
In BigCommerce, is there any possibility of changing the domain?
No, in this platform you cannot shift your domain page and it doesn’t allow this feature.
What is the top brand that uses this BigCommerce?
Superdry Australia, Skullcandy, Sony, Casio and Adore beauty are the few well-established brands that use BigCommerce.
Whether I have the option to upgrade or downgrade my existing plan?
Yeah, you can upgrade at any point in time. But when it comes to the downgrading part, you have to check the sales point value, if it is exceeded then you will not be allowed to downgrade your plan.
What is Bigcommerce used for?
It helps in building the Online store for the business. This also gives you loads of options from which you can choose your customized store-front options.
Is Bigcommerce good for beginners?
Yes, it is an absolutely user-friendly option for beginners who don’t know any coding knowledge in prior.