Consent of the user
Mobile Applications usage
Collecting Personal Information
We only obtain personal data from you if you voluntarily offer it. We may collect personally identifiable information such as, but not limited to, your name, address, e-mail address and information regarding your interests in and usage of our services. When you enroll using your other accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter, Gmail and so on, we will retrieve Information from those accounts in order to continue interacting with you and providing the Services.
For example, you might enter your name and email to subscribe to our newsletters, participate in our discussion forum or send us feedback. Without your explicit approval, the information you supply is not disclosed or sold to any private organization(s) or private individuals. We may gather additional information from you at other times, such as when you give feedback or comments, update your content or email settings, reply to a survey or communicate with us.
Third-Party Sites and Sponsors Collecting Information
We also utilize a trustworthy third party to serve the adverts you see on our pages. Our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on your browser in the course of serving advertisements and may use information (not including your name, address or e-mail address) about your visits to this and other websites to provide advertisements about products and services of interest to you.
Automatic data collection and storage
If you visit our website(s) to browse, read pages, or download information without registering for any of our services, we automatically collect and store certain information about your visit. This data cannot and will never be used to personally identify you.
The type of browser you use (e.g., Netscape, Internet Explorer), the type of Operating System you use (e.g., Windows ’98 or Mac OS) and the domain name of your Internet Service Provider, as well as the date and time of your visit, the pages you visit and geographic data such as Country, Region or City, are all automatically gathered. We may use this non-personally identifiable information to improve the design, content and overall browsing experience of our website(s).
When a user opts out using Ads Settings, the unique DoubleClick cookie ID on the user’s browser is replaced with the text “OPT OUT.” The opt-out cookie cannot be correlated with a certain browser because there is no longer a unique cookie ID.
Log File Data
When you access our site, application or service, we automatically collect limited information about your computer’s Internet connection, cell number and IP address. Your IP address is a number that tells computers connected to the Internet where to transmit data to you, such as the pages you visit. We receive and log information from your browser automatically, including your IP address, computer name, operating system, browser type and version, CPU speed and connection speed.
We may also collect log information from your devices, such as your location, IP address, device name, serial number or unique identification number (for example, UDiD on an iOS device), device operating system, browser type and version, CPU speed and connection speed.
We may employ “clear GIFs” (Web Beacons) to anonymously track our Users’ internet usage trends without directly identifying the User. Clear GIFs may also be used in HTML-based emails sent to our Users in order to track which emails are opened by receivers. We use this information to deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our Sites or Service to our user’s interests, to measure traffic within our Sites to improve the quality, functionality and interactivity of our Sites and to let advertisers know the geographic locations from which our Users come without personally identifying the Users.
Other Websites Links
Our website(s) contains links to other websites on the Internet. We have no control over these websites’ privacy policies (s). Once you leave our servers, the use of any information you supply is governed by the privacy policies of the site’s operator. For more details, visit their privacy policies.
We maintain your personal information for as long as it is required for Us to deliver services to you or until you request that we delete your data. If you do not want Us to use your information any longer, you may request that we delete your personal information and end your services account as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account behavior and in accordance with relevant legislation (s).
You can request that your information be deleted by writing to our designated Grievance Officers, either in writing or by email signed with an electronic signature. Please remember that if you have multiple accounts with us, you must submit individual requests for each account, as well as the associated email addresses or phone numbers.
Demographics and other data
In order to provide you with more tailored communications and promotions, we may refer to different sources of demographic and other information. We measure user behavior on our Sites using Google Analytics, among other tools. Google Analytics has been enabled expressly to support display advertising in order to assist us to acquire a better knowledge of our user’s demographics and interests. The reports are anonymous and cannot be linked to any personally identifying information you may have provided to us. You can opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising and adjust Google Display Network ads using Google’s Ads Settings.
Links to third-party sites/ ad-servers
When we give Information to our advertisers, it is normally in the form of aggregated data on visits to various pages/content on our Sites, to assist them to understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on our Sites. When you visit our Sites, we employ third-party advertising businesses to show ads. These firms may use information about your visits to this and other websites or applications (without your name, address, email address, telephone number or other personally identifiable information) to present advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Without your permission, we do not transmit any personally identifiable information to third-party websites, advertisers or ad servers.
Information Use By the Company
The information provided by users enables us to develop the Services and provide you with the most user-friendly experience possible. In some cases/for the provision of specific service(s) or utility(ies), we may also require your contact information. All needed information is service-dependent and the Company may use the aforementioned user Information to maintain, defend and improve the Services (including advertising and personalization on the Sites), as well as to create new services.
We might also use your email id or other personally identifiable data to send commercial or marketing messages about our Services, as well as additional updates and features about third-party products and services, with the option to subscribe/unsubscribe (where feasible). However, we reserve the right to use your email id for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major changes, customer service purposes, billing, etc.).
Any personally identifiable information you give will not be considered sensitive if it is widely available and/or accessible in the public domain, such as any comments, messages, blogs or scribbles available on social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and so on.
If you opt not to provide personally identifiable information on the Sites, we may be unable to provide you with certain services on the Sites. We shall make reasonable steps to warn you of this when you open your account. In any instance, we will not be liable or responsible for the denial of certain services to you due to your failure to provide the required personal information.
When you register with the Sites or Services, we will contact you from time to time to update your personal information so that we can provide the Users with services that we feel will benefit or interest you.
In the following restricted circumstances, the Company discloses your Information with any third party without getting the User’s prior consent:
1. When requested or required by law or by any court, governmental agency or authority to disclose, for the purpose of identity verification or for the prevention, detection and investigation of incidents, including but not limited to cyber incidents or for the prosecution and punishment of offenses. These disclosures are disclosed in the good faith belief that they are reasonably required for implementing these Terms or compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
3. The Company may provide Information to our advertisers and third parties in order to help them understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on our Sites; however, this information is typically provided in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages within our site.
4. The Company may share your information about your activities on the Sites with third-party social websites in order to populate your social wall, which is visible to other people; however, you will have the option to set your privacy settings, where you can choose what you want to share or not share with others.
5. We may share your Data to enforce or protect our rights or the rights of any or all of our affiliates, associates, employees, directors or officers or when we have reason to believe that disclosing User(s) Information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be interfering with our rights or our Sites, whether knowingly or unintentionally or when anyone else may be harmed by such activities.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use the Services or Sites (or any of its sub-sites), we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information as and when requested by you and shall further ensure that any personal information or sensitive personal data or information found to be incorrect or deficient shall be corrected or amended as feasible, subject to any legal or regulatory requirement that such personal information or sensitive personal data or information be retained.
In any situation, where we provide information access and correction, we do so for free, unless doing so would necessitate an undue amount of effort. Because of how we manage some services and/or owing to legal requirements for maintaining or preserving information, once you delete your information, such information and/or residual copies may take some time to be erased from our live servers and may remain in our backup systems.
We implement necessary security measures to prevent unauthorized access to or change, disclosure or destruction of, data. Internal evaluations of our data collecting, storage and processing policies, as well as security measures, such as proper encryption and physical security measures to prevent unauthorized access to systems where we hold personal data, are included. All information collected on The ecomnews websites is safely saved in the Company’s database.
The database is stored on firewall-protected servers; access to the servers is password-protected and strictly limited. However, no security system, no matter how effective, is impregnable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database or that information you provide will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us via the Internet. Of course, any information you submit in a discussion area posting is accessible to anybody with Internet access.
When you visit or use our Sites or Services, we may utilize third-party advertising businesses to show ads. These firms may use information about your visits or use of specific websites, mobile applications or services (without your name, address, email address, phone number or any personally identifiable information) to present advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
The reason for collecting, processing and disclosing your personal information
We use the information to provide, analyze, administer, improve and personalize services. Our service and marketing efforts, are to complete your registration, offer you services and contact you regarding the points listed below. For example, we could use the data to
• To deliver and manage Our services.
• Enabling registration/sign-up and maintaining your Service accounts.
• Providing you with content that is specific to your location.
• Analyze and understand Our audience and improve Our service (including user interface experiences), recommendation algorithms and delivery, which may necessitate exchanging personal information with Our group companies and affiliates or third-party service providers.
• To assist advertisers in understanding Our audience and confirming the value of advertising on Our Site (often in the form of aggregated statistics on visitors to various pages within Our Site) and to offer you appropriate adverts.
• To provide you with interest-based material on our websites, such as articles, stories and news.
• Make it easier to use features like the Tax and Wealth calculator.
• Allow you to participate in various webcasts and webinars held on the Site.
• Send you to push notifications through your browser.
• Communicate with you about Our service (for example, via email) so that We can send you, updated new information and newly published blog, about new features and content available on the ecomnews, promotional announcements and surveys, as well as assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests.
• Enable you to participate in interactive elements provided by Our Services.
• Working with Our customer service staff to resolve any questions or concerns you have about your rights or the services we provide.
Questions/ Complaints Redressals
Redressal Mechanism: Any complaints, abuse or concerns about the processing of information provided by you or any breach of these terms, must be immediately reported to the concerned team, as listed below, in writing or via email signed with an electronic signature to
We ask that you provide the following details in your complaint:
1. Full name, postal address, email address and cell phone number
2. A self-attested photocopy or scanned copy of a government-issued photo ID.
3. Title and date/link to the news report, article or material that is the subject of the complaint to spell out in 500 words the sentence(s) or word(s) verbatim from the news report, article, editorial or content about which there is a grievance or explanation.
4. Specify if the information is personal or sensitive personal information.
5. Specify which supporting documents, if any, are used and attach clear legible scanned copies of these. If you are relying on a court order, make sure the scan is of a certified copy. The name of the Court, the case number and the Judge who issued the order should all be plainly apparent.
6. A signed declaration that all information and/or documents presented with the complaint are truthful, comprehensive and up to date in all respects and contain no incorrect information.
7. A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice is correct and that the information complained about is yours.
Please keep in mind that a complaint must come from someone who has been personally and directly affected by the issue at hand. It should not be vexing, trivial or contentious. Please refrain from sending daily reminders.
The corporation will not be held liable for any communication sent to a non-designated person in this regard.